Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cell “Fun” Time???


Gertrude, Mildred, and Clarence no longer find their visits to Larry’s Senior Center as fun and relaxing as they had been in the past. “We are picked up at 5am by a senior center bus, and forced to make fundraising calls for Larry for 12 hours without any breaks or lunches.”, said Millie.
Gertrude added “Text messages frighten and confuse me, they force me to use the Macarena as my ring tone, and when I told Shift Master Steve, our caretaker, that I needed a break because my fingers hurt” he replied “Your fingers hurt!? Well now your back is gonna hurt because you just pulled yard duty!” proceeding to make me rake leaves.
Clarence added “ I can’t remember much, but I’d wager dickity six wooden nickels that there was no mention of this when we voted Larry into office whenever that was.

Larry was unavailable for comment, as he spent the day with a search party compiled of on duty police officers and inept town officials following a treasure map he had obtained from the back of a box of Cookie Crisp cereal, a town spokesman said.

No comments: